We’re recruiting – Chair of the Trustee Board
The Finance Innovation Lab is at an exciting stage in its development. With our 2030 strategy currently being finalised, we are looking for a new Chair to support the Lab on the next stage of its journey, alongside our Board, the CEO, and our exceptional team.
In addition to the responsibilities of all trustees, the chair will be expected to:
- Line manage the CEO; undertake regular performance reviews and help coach and develop the CEO
- Ensure the board is effective in fulfilling their responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of the Finance Innovation Lab, in accordance with the Charity Commission requirements
- Work in partnership with the CEO, the COO, and other staff to optimise the relationship between the board of trustees and the staff
- Ensure the board operates as a strong, collaborative team and regularly reviews its composition, effectiveness and ways of working
- Promote and represent the Lab to influential stakeholders, including funders, when appropriate.
How to apply
You can download the full role description here. We are keen to hear from applicants who believe they have the skills and commitment to thrive in the role, even if you do not have every element of the person specification.
To apply, please download an application form here, complete it, and send this together with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date. Please send your application form as a Word document (not a PDF). Please also complete our diversity monitoring form here. This is anonymous and will not be linked to your application.
Please note that the first stage sift will review only your application form. You should ensure all relevant information is included on the form. CVs will only be reviewed for candidates called to interview.
Closing date for applications: 9.00 am, Monday 28 September 2020.
If you have any questions or would like to have an informal discussion about the role, please email email@example.com.
Further dates to note
Interviews are expected to take place during the week commencing 19 October 2020, with second interviews in the week commencing 2 November.
The first board meeting after the appointment date is our board away day, which will take place from 9am – 5pm on Thursday 28 January 2021.
Diversity, equality and inclusion
We are committed to providing equality and fairness for all and not to discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, mental health, religion or age. We encourage and celebrate the different qualities that our colleagues, and others we work with, bring to our work, and we believe that seeing things from a wide range of different perspectives helps us to resolve problems, adapt our approaches and develop as an organisation.
We want to bring greater diversity to our Board and we’re keen to hear what you think you’ll bring from your own background and experience (beyond your professional skills and knowledge).