Campaigning for the common good
The Finance Innovation Lab and nef (new economics foundation) have joined forces to offer a unique six-month programme designed for ambitious, rising leaders of economic justice campaigns.
We need campaigns that tackle the root causes of the problems we face. Yet in civil society, it’s rare that we find the time in our work to think through what is needed to bring about lasting change, and to design truly effective campaign strategies.
Campaigning for the common good is a programme designed to ask some of these big questions and to create solutions.
Participants will be drawn from across unions, faith groups, NGOs and grassroots movements. Over five full-day sessions and a weekend residential, starting in January 2013, they will learn from experts and from each other.
Participants will develop their knowledge of the failings of our current economic model and political system; understand the shape of a new economics; refine and develop their campaign strategies for systemic change and, importantly, build their own leadership potential.
How to apply
Applications are open until Wed 12 Dec. Applicants should apply to email@example.com with a letter and CV focusing on the following questions (250 words max per question):
- Why are you committed to economic justice?
- Why are you interested in participating in this programme and what would you hope to learn?
- Describe a project that you were responsible for that you are particularly proud of
- What project / campaign would you bring to this programme and how would you apply the learning from this course to your project / campaign?
- What skills and knowledge could you bring to the community?