This project has now been completed. See the Our Work section for our current projects and priorities.
We hosted an Assembly in November 2014 in partnership with allstreet.org, centred around building the alternative finance movement. Over 130 people interested in innovation and alternative finance attended the event from across the financial sector and civil society.
The ambition was to build knowledge about the growing alternative finance movement, bring together and connect different parts of the alternative finance sector and work together on identifying solutions to challenges around scaling new alternative business models.
Alternative Finance: Lending and Investing
- Bryan Zhang from Cambridge University gives a talk offering insights and an introduction into the Crowdfunding Equity space.
- Ari Last from Market Invoice talks about how they are revolutionising and unlocking finance for small to medium enterprises.
- Bruce Davis from Abundance Generation talks about the innovation we are seeing happening in debt securities.
Alternative Finance: Payments and Processes
- Simon Redfern from the Open Bank Project talks about open data and banking and how transparency should be seen as an asset.
- Pradeep Jethi from the Social Stock Exchange talks about how investment is meeting impact and how the market is measuring the social impact of equity investments.
- Nadeem Shaikh from Anthemis talks about new payment innovation that is creating new financial services that are designed for the 21st century customer.