Supporting professionals driving positive change within mainstream finance
Systemic Intrapreneurship (n) = transforming a financial institution from within by aligning strategy, operations and culture with positive societal outcomes.
Building a new financial system needs to happen from the inside out, as well as the bottom up. Our work supports systemic intrapreneurs pioneering new approaches that put ecological integrity and social wellbeing at the heart of mainstream finance. We are using our proven incubation expertise to build a community of professionals with the vision, skills and social capital to develop sustainable financial innovations and catalyse a cultural shift within their institutions.
Our intrapreneurship community supports systemic intrapreneurs influencing purpose-driven change within banking and investment. We know this work can feel lonely, so we connect intrapreneurs and build their capacity to lead change through peer learning, network building, leadership development and training in purpose-driven financial innovation.
Our theme for the intrapreneurship community this year is Banking for People and Planet.
Benefits available to members in 2020 include:
- Peer support: Quarterly peer learning events and smaller peer coaching circles (online and face-to-face options)
- Network building: Events and bespoke matchmaking introductions with the Lab’s wider community of innovators, civil society organisations, regulators and policymakers
- Leadership development: A weekend retreat to refresh your vision, values and personal purpose (Summer 2020)
- Training & collaboration: Workshops on purpose-driven finance, plus, innovation groups collaborating on themes including: responsible use of data; women in financial innovation; people of colour in financial innovation; and, financing a just transition to a low carbon economy.
To join the intrapreneurship network, find out more and sign up to the Lab community here.
We work in strategic partnership with established banks that are committed to embedding a socially useful purpose into their core strategy and operations. Aligned institutions are invited to learn from our network of purpose-driven financial innovators, regulators and civil society organisations. We support transformational change in banking through our expertise in systems change, purpose-driven financial innovation, adaptive leadership and human-centered facilitation.
To explore how we might support your financial institution to embed purpose at its core contact our Head of Intrapreneurship, Lydia Hascott, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to sharing what we learn about how change happens within mainstream finance. We do this through publications, speaking and contributing to collaborative initiatives. Recent publications include:
- Intrapreneurs in Finance: Creating Systemic Change from Within
- The Dangers of Purpose Driven Business
Speaking requests can be made via email to email@example.com.
We are grateful for the support of the following Advisors who are experts in intrapreneurship, finance, leadership development and corporate innovation.
James Vaccaro – Special Advisor, Triodos Bank
Maggie De Pree – Co-Founder & Global Catalyst, The League of Intrapreneurs
Mikael Down – Executive Director, Banking Standards Board
Nana Francois – Director of Membership, FaithInvest
Rob Lake – Founder, Authentic Investor
Madeleine Evans – Co-Founder, Finance Matters