Join us to launch our powerful new report and discover what banking professionals can do to drive ambitious climate action within banks.
What does ambition look like for sustainable banking today?
What else can banks do to drive an accelerated and just transition in banking?
How might banking professionals work with the barriers and enablers for change?
Join members of the Climate Safe Learning Lab banking community during New York Climate Week for the online launch of Shifting the financial system: accelerating sustainable finance at banks. The report features insights from the 2023 Climate Safe Lending Fellowship programme. Amidst an increasingly complex global context, the report aims to support banking professionals navigating the path towards sustainable change.
The one-hour webinar will be hosted by members of the Climate Safe Lending (CSL) Fellowship team, including Jon Dennis (Head of Climate Safe Banking Programme, Finance Innovation Lab) and Aaron Morehouse (Executive Director, Climate Safe Lending Network). It will feature a presentation by report author Rebecca Self (Sustainable Banking Advisor), and stories from a number of our 2023 Fellows.
Together, we will:
- Set the context for the state of sustainability in banking today, including highlights from an indicative survey completed by members of the Climate Safe Learning Lab banking community.
- Cover the report’s three main themes of culture, people and the important issue of addressing the ambition gap at banks.
- Explore key levers to drive climate action within banks.
- Hear about practical tools and recommendations that banking professionals can apply to their work to accelerate meaningful climate action.
Who is this webinar for?
This webinar is designed for banking professionals, including senior leaders, managers and staff, who are interested in contributing towards their bank’s climate action – whether as part of your day job or side-of-desk.
Note on confidentiality: Participants will be able to remain entirely anonymous during the webinar – there will be no breakout discussions, and participants will have the option to contribute during a Q&A. The webinar will be conducted under Chatham House Rule: “Participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed.”
Register early to reserve your space.
Feedback on previous Climate Safe Learning Lab convenings include:
- “It has had such an impact on me, and it changed my perspective as I think about moving my work forward on this issue.”
- “Honest and authentic conversations, finding strength in numbers.”
- “Those kinds of opportunities to pause, consider one’s personal connection to this issue, and explore new ways to advance our work internally are so few and far between—if not totally absent. I can’t tell you how meaningful and useful it was to me.”
Not already a member of the Climate Safe Learning Lab?
Check your eligibility and join for free.
About the Climate Safe Learning Lab and Climate Safe Lending Fellowship
The Climate Safe Learning Lab is a confidential peer-learning community of banking professionals exploring the organisational barriers and enablers to implementing climate finance strategies – what we call ‘climate intrapreneurs’ – who first convened in-person during New York Climate Week 2019 and have gone on to meet virtually to learn from and with each other.
At the end of 2021, we launched the first Climate Safe Lending Fellowship six-month leadership development programme for banking professionals advancing the climate agenda within their institutions. Since then, 40+ bankers spanning 11 countries, 29 banks and many different functional areas have participated in the Fellowship programme and continue today to drive meaningful change to shift the banking system closer to net zero.
The Climate Safe Learning Lab is a joint initiative of the Climate Safe Lending Network – an international multi-stakeholder collaborative dedicated to accelerating the decarbonisation of the banking sector to secure a climate-safe world, and the Finance Innovation Lab – a UK-based charity that builds power to transform the financial system for people and the planet.
Register your interest in future Fellowship programmes here.
If you have any questions about the event, the report, or would like to learn more about the Climate Safe Learning Lab please, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.