Register for the event here.
- What does a credible climate transition look like for banks?
- What are the barriers and enablers to my bank’s climate transition being more credible?
- What is my role in helping it get onto a credible trajectory?
We invite members of the Climate Safe Learning Lab community to our next convening – a 3.5 hour virtual workshop (with breaks) for banking professionals to connect with peers to explore these key questions, together. (If you’re not already a member, then individuals who meet the eligibility criteria can join)
This is a unique space curated to foster creativity, connection, and innovation. We have designed this participatory workshop to:
- Connect you with fellow bankers on the barriers you are facing at the organisational, behavioural and cultural levels in your efforts to influence climate action within your institution.
- Facilitate a peer-learning conversation focused on how you are experiencing credibility in your climate finance work now given inflation and energy security, heightened awareness of social inequities and the economic impacts of the past few months.
- Surface collective intelligence about the opportunities and methods for advancing the climate finance agenda using systems thinking methodology.
- Leave with tangible next steps for you to take in your work.
Got Zoom fatigue? This convening will feel very different to most online events. It is carefully designed as an intimate, honest, facilitated conversation between likeminded peers. We’re interested in your human experiences more than your expertise. No corporate masks necessary.
Who is hosting the event?
The Climate Safe Learning Lab convening will be hosted by a collaborating group of climate finance practitioners and financial innovation experts who include:
- James Vaccaro – Executive Director – Climate Safe Lending Network, Banking Committee Member – UNEP FI, Senior Advisor – Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL), Senior Advisor Rethinking Finance Hub – The Club of Rome.
- Rebecca Self – Founder and Managing Director of Seawolf Sustainability Consulting, former CFO of Sustainable Finance at HSBC.
- Becca Bartholomew – Lead Facilitator – Climate Safe Learning Lab.
- Ally Spencer – Community Manager – The Climate Safe Learning Lab and Intrapreneurship Programme Manager – The Finance Innovation Lab.
If you have any questions about the event or would like to learn more about the Climate Safe Learning Lab please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.