The Finance Innovation Lab (‘the Lab’) is committed to protecting your information and respecting your rights under data protection laws.
This privacy notice sets out how we will use the information you give us, and applies to anyone providing us with personal information through registering their interest for, or signing up to, an event. We will update this notice from time to time and will post updates (with immediate effect) to our website. If the changes are significant, we will also email you about them.
If you register for an event, the Lab may collect the following information about you:
- Your name, email address, role title, role type, organisation and dietary and access requirements.
- For some events, and only where relevant to that event, we may gather additional information about you, such as your experiences with financial exclusion, your age, or your gender. Examples of events where we have asked for this kind of information include registration for our Women In Financial Innovation network meetings, or in applications to attend workshops exploring financial exclusion.
We will use your information in order to cater for you at the event and send you information about the event and related activities.
We process this information on the basis of consent: when you register for a Lab event, we ask you to confirm that you are happy for us to process this information and send you this information.
We may share your information with the following third-party data processors:
- MailChimp, who provide our email newsletter software
- Dropbox, who provide our online file hosting software
- Google, who provide our email, file sharing and online form software
- Yet Another Mail Merge, who provide our mail-merge software
- Zoom, who provide our video-conferencing software
- YouTube, who host some of our video content
We ensure that all of these data processors meet the requirements of GDPR, including those which are based outside of the European Economic Area.
We may also share this with our volunteers, who will be obliged to treat your information in line with this notice and our data protection policy.
We may share your information with the event venue and event partners, as is required for the organisation of the event.
We may take photos during the event for social media and other promotional materials. This will always be clearly stated prior to or at the beginning of the event, and you can let us know if you would rather not be photographed.
For some events, and in particular online or hybrid events, we may record the session and in some cases may later share the recording via our website. This will always be clearly stated prior to or at the beginning of the event, and you can let us know if you would rather not be included in any recording.
We will never sell your information to other organisations. We will never share it with any third-party organisations without your explicit permission.
We protect your personal information by storing it securely and ensuring that only authorised team members are able to access this information. All of our computers maintain up-to-date cyber-protection software to protect us from external threats.
You can obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, correct or add to your information, or ask us to delete your information at any time by emailing email@example.com. You do not have to give us a reason and we will respond to your request as soon as we can.
If you have any questions about how we use your data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.