The Lab community is a community of practice for people who share the Lab’s vision of a democratic, sustainable, just and resilient financial system – and who are committed to helping make it a reality. Its members are innovators, influencers, intrapreneurs and changemakers who commit to the Lab Community Guidelines.
The Lab offers community members a range of activities including:
- Community groups – peer-networks on financial systems change topics
- Access to a community noticeboard
- Mutual mentoring.
The Lab hosts regular events in London or online for people working or interested in purpose-driven financial innovation. All our events are participatory and are facilitated by the Lab team or community members.
View our upcoming and past community events here.
Community groups are peer-networks of community members arranged around common challenges or themes related to financial innovation. Our current community groups are:
- Climate Safe Learning Lab: bankers advancing the climate finance agenda within their institutions
- Intrapreneurship network: a community of mainstream finance professionals repurposing their institutions to serve people and planet
- Open Finance Working Group: a coalition of third sector organisations collaborating to create a vision for how open finance could serve the needs of individuals, communities and wider society
- Transforming Data Network: a coalition of responsible finance providers, civil society organisations, and consumer groups building a better future for data-driven finance
- Transforming Finance Network: a network of civil society organisations campaigning to transform finance
- Women in Financial Innovation: a network of women working to transform finance.
Find out more about these community groups here.
The Lab community noticeboard is a section of the Lab’s monthly newsletter where community members can post ideas, offers, announcements or questions. Perhaps you’ve got an event or vacancy to promote? Maybe you have an idea for an event that you’d like to partner up on, or you’d like to offer pro-bono support or volunteering time? You might be looking for a co-founder for your new financial innovation, or a shadowing opportunity?
To submit something to be posted on the community noticeboard, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that notices will only be accepted if they follow the Lab community guidelines.
The power of the Lab community is connection and collaboration: working together towards our shared vision. We facilitate community members to connect to other purpose-led innovators, changemakers and leaders through our matchmaking programme.
The matchmaking programme is currently paused. To be informed when it relaunches, please email email@example.com.
Our community mentoring programme harnesses the power of peer learning and facilitates deep collaboration between community members. It’s an opportunity to work closely with another changemaker, to improve your skillset and knowledge, gain confidence and leadership capabilities, and overcome challenges.
Acknowledging the different perspectives, skills and experience that every Lab community member brings, our mentoring programme takes a ‘mutual mentoring’ approach. Each participant indicates ways in which they would like to develop and/or what they’d like to learn, as well as areas they can offer support on. We match mentoring participants not only on professional backgrounds but also life experience and interests, and particularly encourage applications from people who are currently underrepresented in finance.
Our mutual mentoring programme is currently paused. To register your interest in taking part in the next cohort, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to contribute to the Lab community?
The Lab community helps us to expand and increase our impact. Lab community members contribute to the Lab’s work and mission in a number of ways including speaking and facilitating at Lab events, volunteering their expertise, and spreading the word about Lab news and programmes. If you’d like to offer a particular form of support, email email@example.com
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.