Building the Alternative Finance Movement: Watch the Assembly speakers online!
Were you unable to attend the recent Finance Innovation Lab Assembly on Alternative Finance? Based on recent community feedback about accessibility in other regions and due to the extremely high demand for the event we filmed the main speakers at the event so you can watch them online!
About the Event
The assembly hosted on the 22nd of November in partnership with allstreet.org was centred around Building the Alternative Finance Movement. Over 130 people interested in innovation and alternative finance attended the event from across the financial sector and civil society.
The event’s aims were to build knowledge about the growing alternative finance movement, bring together and connect different parts of the alternative finance sector, and work together on identifying solutions to challenges around scaling new alternative business models.
The following short videos (approx 5-12 mins) can be accessed via the links below:
Alternative Finance: Lending and Investing
- Bryan Zhang from Cambridge University gives a talk offering insights and an introduction into the Crowdfunding Equity space.
- Ari Last from Market Invoice talks about how they are revolutionising and unlocking finance for small to medium enterprises.
- Bruce Davis from Abundance Generation talks about the innovation we are seeing happening in debt securities.
Alternative Finance: Payments and Processes
- Simon Redfern from the Open Bank Project talks about open data and banking and how transparency should be seen as an asset.
- Pradeep Jethi from the Social Stock Exchange talks about how investment is meeting impact and how the market is measuring the social impact of equity investments.
- Nadeem Shaikh from Anthemis talks about new payment innovation that is creating new financial services that are designed for the 21st century customer.
We hope you find the talks interesting and inspiring.
The Finance Innovation Lab
Be Part of It.